Re: starship-design: Re: Why go to the stars? - Kyle

KellySt@aol.com wrote:

> More critical then ships integroty would be crew health.  Prolonged high G
> would be great for the cardio-vascular system, but be pretty exausting for
> the crew.
>
> Also, would that be applicable?  As I remember Alcubierre concept involved
> moving a pocket of spacetime.  That would not involve acceleration in the
> normal sence, so no g force on the crew or ship.

Well, the gravity wouldn't be felt by the ship or crew, but the tidal
distortions on the drive segments certainly would be severe. I figure
we'll just forget the plates and use lasers of X-high power (produced by
the ZPF) in front for gravity generation, and in back we'll use the ZPF
plates.

If you accelerated at say, 5g's you'd get there in 1.5427 years (both
time). To clarify this, it is similar to Alcubierre's theory, just from
a design standpoint.

Kyle Mcallister