RE: starship-design: ZPF=inertia=gravity

Kelly,

IF you can manipulate inertia as this article speculates,
then you won't need anything as clumsy as a chemical rocket.
Think about the variables in the basic rocket equation...a
bloody FLASHLIGHT would be enough!

Lee Parker

"Science has 'explained' nothing; the more we know the more fantastic the
world becomes and the profounder the surrounding darkness."

-- Aldous Huxley, 1925

Interesting artical.  (Thou not the easiest to read.)  The fact it would
integrate quantum and classic phisics in a way nothing else has sounds
promising.  But who knows.

The authors didn't speculate on any ways to manipulate this unified
mass/energy/space effect, but any manipulation could have stagering effects
for star travel.  If you could damp out the inertia of a ship and its fuel,
but restore them as the fuels entering the engines.  You could drive a
starship to high sublight speed with very little thrust.  In theory even with
normal chemical engines.  That would certainly change all our arguments about
startravel.  ;)

Then again.  Proving that these phenomino are related does mean they can be
manipulated in a usable way.

Kelly