RE: starship-design: the beamed power problem, again

At 2:29 PM 9/4/96, David Levine wrote:
>>I beleave the english translation of the following; is that after about a
>>year of 1G acceleration, the ships moving at near light speed.  Since the
>>microwaves are moving at exactly lightspeed.  At some point the beam can't
>>really catch up with the ship in time to be usefull.
>
>And I suppose the red-shifting of the beam (relative to the ship) makes
>it too weak to do any good, anyway.
>
>-David

Down grades your microwaves down to radio or something.  ;)

Kelly Starks                    Phone: (219) 429-7066    Fax: (219) 429-6859
Sr. Systems Engineer                                     Mail Stop: 10-39
Hughes defense Communications
1010 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808-4106
Email:  kgstar@most.fw.hac.com