minor stuff...

Brandon Neill writes:
 > Hello,
 > I've been reading this group for quite a while now and have recently
 > started conversing in it too.  I was just wondering if anyone has thought
 > about creating a mailing list for this group.  It would make filing and
 > stuff like that a lot easier as everything would come from the same
 > address,  it would also facilitate automatic archiving if desired.  I
 > would assume that someone has a server that listserv or something could be
 > run on.
 >
 > Brandon Neill
 > -------------
 > neill@foda.math.usu.edu           "I think therefore I am dangerous"
 > http://ashton.lib.dixie.edu/~bneill

Actually, I have been thinking about offering this very service.  I have
at least two permanently-connected machines I would be able to run such
a list from (jcomm.uoregon.edu and hexadecimal.uoregon.edu), and this
list is small enough and low enough in traffic that I could even run the
list manually.

If people are interested I could create a list on my work machine,
hexadecimal.uoregon.edu with all the current names.  I think the only
question is what we'd want to call the list -- mini-lit?
starship-design?

I wouldn't attach any strings to hosting the list, and I would honor any
subscription or unsubscription requests sent to the list-request or
owner-list addresses.  If I get ambitious I could probably even create
a digest version in addition to the simple mail reflector.