Re: Explorer Power Gain Problem

> >So, bottom line, is the NUMBER right.  You only said the formula was
> >correct.  Did I misunderstand you?  I keep getting 5E16W, not 5E9W.

> The formula is right, but the number is only valid when the velocity of the
> starship is 5 m/s. The problem with the document is that the meaning of the
> number is not told.

Now I remember.  I calculated the power the drive system would need for a one
secound boost, and assumed it would be consonstant for the flight.  I.E. if
it takes X watts to push the ship at a ship G for a secound.  Multiply that
by the number of secounds of boost to get to desired speed, and ....

Given that the engine should need to output the same power, to accelerate the
same mass, at the same rate, at diferent speeds.  It seems like it should
work.

Kelly