Re: MARS HYBRID DESIGN II (First Draft)

>I also have an idea to add to my mirror paper.  I'll probably reprint this
>next paragraph in it later but here it is anyway.  How about putting a
>Fresnel lens in the path to TC to refocus our beam.  The lens could be of
>the thin variety, although I believe we would have some power losses through
>the lens.

As far as I know Fresnel lenses are not really lenses, that means they don't
magnify or bundle lightrays.
These "lenses" are constructed in such a way that all outgoing light has the
same phase at a predetermined distance (the "focusing" distance). This way
the cancellation of two waves with a 180 degree phase difference is prevented.
So this method is only valid when normally INTERFERENCE makes de total
brightness different.

Timothy