Re: Re: Summary A

>>Yes, I meant fusion. What kind of health problems does renewable energy
>>have? Are solar-panels also dangerous?
>
>Mainly industrial accident problems.  Solar especially causes a lot of
>induystrial accident per amount of power since its a lot of little
>distributed systems.

What kind of accidents should I think of? Exploding batteries, electrical
shortcuts?

>Renewable is a grab bag term.  So the problems would depend on the system.
> Bio mass obviously would take up a lot of land and have ecological impacts,
>and polution effects from burning.  Wind and tide systems tend to chew up
>animals that get in the way and take up a lot of relestate, and of course
>have cronic relyabilty problems (you ever try to schedule a selected wind
>speed?).

Now I see what you mean, but how many animals would be killed by pollution
caused by dirty-energy? I also heard that the number of birds killed by
wind-mills does depend very much on where those mills are. It seems that
birds have very distinct flying routes (downto 100 metres accurate).

Timothy