Re: Uh oh :-/

Its not clear if they want to censor contents (thou with the new law they
are almost forced to, AOL was worried they'ld be forced out of busness),.
They may just be doing systems maintenence.  But keeping a copy on floppy
would probably be a good idea.

Kelly

At 9:38 PM 2/14/96, Kevin C Houston wrote:
>Here we go...
>I got this message when I logged in:
>
>BEGIN Quote
>
>NOTICE
>(1995-02-14):
>The www.tc.umn.edu Web service is scheduled to be down this coming Sunday,
>February 18th, from 8am to 11am.  We will be reconfiguring filesystems
>which will require that the /nlhome hierarchies be unavailable during this
>time.
>
>This will NOT affect www.umn.edu Web service -- only personal web pages.
>
>END Quote
>

>So what do you think? is
>http://www.umn.edu/nlhome/m056/hous0042
>
>in trouble?
>what should I Do? should I
>
>1) stand tall and let them find it.
>
>2) hide it, and put it back later.
>
>3) fold now and let the Censors 'win'
>
>your input is hereby sought.  Please respond soon
>
>Kevin 'Tex' Houston
>--
>If they won't protect the _First_, they won't protect _any_.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company
(Magnavox URL: http://www.fw.hac.com/external.html)