Engineering Newsletter

OK, my theory strands on practical difficulties, so we are back to zero.

So I quote Kevin (Newsletter 00:29 11-04-95)

>Either beam the power, or
>figure out how to use the Interstellar Medium (ISM) as a brake.  I say
>that beaming the power is the quickest easiest solution.

Beaming the power would still mean a timing problem of about 10 years? And
another problem for this method would be that you get a large amount of
momentum in the wrong direction (ie. in the direction of TC).

Using ISM would be great, but it seems that only VERY BIG scoops could do
the trick. I still haven't seen a formula about a scoop field. Kevin you
seem to have one, is it possible that I could see that formula?

Maybe we should find a nearby star in a nebula, that sure would increase the
ISM-density. I'm not sure if there are any nearby nebulae. Does someone know
more about that?

Timothy