Re: Mini SD-newsletter

>Another way to get it at the target before the Asimov is to send it
there
>before the Asimov is started. What I mean is that the slowest
fuel-packets
>will be send from Earth many years before the Asimov starts moving to
TC.
>These early packets have low speeds and thus take a long time to get to
TC.
>Faster packets which will be catched up by the Asimov first will be send
>last but still before the Asimov has started. So now there is a long
track
>of packets all at decreasing speeds. All these packets are moving
towards TC
>and so is the Asimov, but the Asimov moves a little bit faster than the
>fastest moving packet and "near" TC it catches up with that packet.
After
>catching that packet the Asimov slows down a bit, but not too much, so
that
>it can catch up with the next packet which moved slower than the packet
just
>catched. This process repeates many times, untill the Asimov has an
>reasonable slow velocity.

>Because all packets are launched before the Asimov starts we call it a
>PRE-load track. Now the trick is to have all packets at the right place
at
>the right time and at the right speed. This surely would be possible if
we
>could aim our lineac at Sol precise enough. Of course there is a minimum
>limit speed for the slowest and first package: The slower it moves the
>earlier it has to be send to TC. If we would need real slow packets we
would
>need sending them now already.

OK, so we have this traffic jamb of fuel cells in a long string heading
to TC. Are the faster ones going to overtake the slower ones? How are
these faster fuel cells going to avoid colliding with the slower ones. If
you aim all these off by just little bits to avoid running up the
tailpipe of the slower ones by the time you get close to TC they are
fanned out all over the place.

By the way I will up and running up at home tomorrow so you can send
these to:   rddesign@wolfenet.com from now on.
Thanks
Ric