Re: starship-design: The Military Space Service: Why It's Time Has Come

Lee your back?

Wondered where you went for so long.

;)

Agree with the idea that there should be independant space command.
Especially after the air Force moved the old AF Space Command under SAC.  SAC has a
reputation of defunding things that don't support their concepts for strategic
bombing missions (They were the ones that sandbagged the SR-71 program.).

With the airforce seing its future as a space force that does some air things
-- folks in the AF who fly planes will be looking to slow down space command
getting funds and missions.

As to the missions.  Currently is a safe transit zone for missles, which is
really dumb.  We ned to defend areaas of the earth from ICBM's, adn space
assets from anti-sat weapons.  And we will need to defend space assets and personel
from more direct attack.

Some space command is enevitable.