Re: starship-design: AsterAnts

In a message dated 3/27/02 9:24:46 AM, clmanges@yahoo.com writes:

>> ... Oh wait, their is no launch cost for water.  Its just caried
>> along on
>> shuttle flights to carry crew or other suplies.  The extra weight
>> isn't
>> significant, and causes no real increse in shuttle costs.
>>

>Excuse me?? I thought _everything_ had a launch cost. And the weight
>_is_ significant, about 60 lb/cubic foot.

DA!  It costs the about the same amount to launch a empty shuttle as a full
one.  They have to launch the shuttle to the station to take up the
astronauts, and seldom have less then 10 tons of extra cargo capacity per
launch.  So lifting another ton of water, in a ship thats going there anyway,
costs about nothing.

>Curtis

Kelly