Re: starship-design: Re: Inspiration attached!

STAR1SHIP@aol.com wrote:

> Considering atomic rockets theoretical max velocity.

<snip>
> I am eagarly wating for your NM, SR and GR solution . . . . . . . . . . .
How about a AD solution ??

I suspect the problem with large space propulsion of any kind is heat
dissipation. Well even if I had Fusion as a power source , power losses
would play a large role in output drive. Using a wild figure here 80% of
fusion energy would go in thrust, 10% losses in energy production and
10% in waste heat. That 20% of energy has to be dissipated some how and
in space you need lots of radiating surfaces.
BTW has much more work been done with anti-matter induced fusion?

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html