starship-design: tourism

My last message somehow didn't make it, but I was thinking of who
might be interested in putting up the money to develop space tourism.
My first thought was Disney, but then I realized that their approach
to it would likely be to do a digitally composed I-Max movie instead
of building rockets.

Fact is, we already have space tourism: the world's second space
tourist is preparing himself for the trip now, despite NASA's kicking
and screaming. The Russians are enjoying the money.

This is how it begins, with a few very rich people who won't be
denied. Maybe one of those people will enjoy it so thoroughly that
they'll put up some bucks to take it a little farther, to put it
within reach of more people (who will rent space in their orbital
hotels).

Keep looking up,

Curtis

=====