Re: starship-design: Finances

jakesmiley wrote:

> Hello...
>
>     I'm missing the connection between airplanes and space travel.  What
> makes you think that they can be compared correctly?  I think Toxic Roach
> pointed out the difference between space travel and flying best when he
> said, "people do it [flying] to get where they need/want to go".  You might
> have people want to go into space, but I doubt that anyone will ever _need_
> to go.

Strange I don't see Rail Travel exactly booming. The whole problem
is that space access has developed from the missile not aircraft.
Had the Germans developed the skip bomber rather than the V2 things
may have changed in space development.Also the Russian leaps in to space
in the 1950's was based on rockets powerful enough to launch the heavier
nuclear weapons of the USSR.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html