Re: starship-design: Computing Power

In a message dated 1/28/02 8:19:24 PM, toxicroach@swbell.net writes:

>I'm not saying we should colonize mars for the toy franchise--- but it
>could be one division of the teh effort to make the intial start up less
>unprofitable.  Might cover the cost of fuel or R&D or something.

On your cut of the royalties for toys?  Lucus could do that with his cut of
the starwars toys.  I mean I wouldn't turn down the extra revenew, but don't
budget it to the program.

>Defense
>contracting--- I sure some apps could be done for teh DoD and other
>countries, like launching satellites or selling information and research
>to the DoD or whatever.  Maybe letting them set up sensor packages on the
>space stations of whatnot.

They already have serices for that.  Its likely the same folks you contract
to launch your stuff cheeply, will launch theirs.