RE: starship-design: X-33 Forces Lose Battle, Space Plane Scuttled

> "L. Parker" wrote:
>
> > Over $1.2 billion in NASA and industry cash was poured into
> the project
> > since July 1996. Funds came largely from the government,
> with the space
> > agency providing 70 percent of the monies, with industry
> providing the other
> > 30 percent.
>
> I am sure a few % of that 1.2 billon could have kept Rotory Rocket
> afloat!

I don't suppose you remember DC-X?  Single stage to orbit and it actually
flew, with only a pittance of government money. It was a real shining star
and its cancellation is almost enough to make me believe in conspiracies....

L. Parker