RE: starship-design: Ice Impact Terraforming

I'm not entirely convinced that the people living on the moon, developed and
colonised as it might be over a period of 1000 years, would "live with" the
impact of a great big ball of ice on their wee world. How did that Dave
Barry quote go?

"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth?  Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can
assume it will be pretty bad."

;)

Perhaps best keep this technique for terraforming large bodies that are
going to hold their atmosphere. Alternatively, once you've pummelled the
moon the first time, then use a gentler technique (insert speculative Sci-Fi
method here) to maintain the atmosphere...

Chris

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
contents to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.