Re: starship-design: Thoughts on antimatter and fusion...

Johnny,
	Ion accelerators (linacs, cyclotrons, betatrons, etc.) are usually
quite inefficient.  For example, last year i worked at a high current
vandegraff tandem that ran at 10's of MeV, and 10's of nA (so beam power
about .1 watt) - would anyone like to guess how much power it took to run
the thing?  And the accelerator is the size of a double-wide.

Nels