RE: starship-design: Mars sample return plan carries microbial risk, group warns

This was a major topic of discussion some time ago, and worth revisiting,
which is why I posted it. Besides, it has been slow on this group
lately...<G>

Seriously though, I think the greater danger is not from indigenous life
forms (those which are indigenous to Mars that is) but rather from something
which we import to Mars, which then mutates due to Mars' higher irradiation
and then gets shipped back to Earth. Such a life form would be adapted to
terrestrial prey, which since it is a mutation, may be defenseless.

Lee