starship-design: Ideas for the future

     i was thinking, that in the future, spaceships are going to need: a)
some sort of communication system, and
b) a very powerful computer.
     I know that quantum technology hasn't reached to poingt where these
devices could be feasable, but they are theoretiacally possible.

1. A superluminal communication system. An experiment was done a couple of
years ago proving that two photons that had been entangled would change
states simultaniously even if they were seperated. This has been shown to
happen at exactly the same time, i.e. faster than light. imagine if one
photon was placed aboard a spaceship and the other left on earth. it would
be a simple matter to detect the polarization of these photons,
unfortunately not without breaking the entanglement (yet). If the
polarization could be changed fast enough, it could possibly be used to
transmit digital signals in realtime- even between places light years apart.

2. A very powerful quantum computer. I know that quantum computers can be
made more powerful than anyone can dream of, with a quadrillion atome, about
1 quadrillion operations per second or more can be carried out. Now, 1
quadrillion atoms is quite small, but if you want orders of magnitude mor
computing power, you have to have as many atoms as well. This can only go on
for so long, as space would surely be at a premium on spaceships. To get
around this, you could use gravitational pull to compress the atoms into a
sort of miniature black hole, but with all those atoms, more power could be
derived from one computer. This could possibly go on indefinately.

Well those are my ideas, and i hope someone could comment on the
practicality of them.

-Kyle