Re: starship-design: Faster than light? hmmmm. . .

In a message dated 7/21/00 6:02:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
aaron_is_present@hotmail.com writes:

> So you wanna go faster than light.  Ok.  Just make sure you don't have any
>  mass. ;)

Mass would not limit a object to below light speed as Special Relativity
Equations do not forbid faster than light for mass, only the direct
observation of that event. Einstein himself never made the c limit claim for
mass, other misinformed SR interpeters, and Lorentz "closet etherists" made
the speculation for a c limit.

>  However, our experiment does show that the generally held misconception
>  "nothing can move faster than the speed of light" is wrong.

<further aaron and experimenteer speculation deleted>
---------------------
I'm not one to tell you "I told you so",  but "I told you so" :-/  :-\  :-|
;-)
--------
Survey on sci.physics with my answers on how I told it.

1.  Do you have a web page outlining a physics theory?  (Feel free to
>provide the URL and/or briefly state the topic.)

Not on theoretical physics but applied physics.

Compiled historical research:
"A Definitive Analysis of Atomic Power"
How to build an atomic bomb
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tjac780754/indexda.html">http://members.aol.co
m/tjac780754/indexda.html</A>

Independent researchand development;
How to build a faster than light atomic rocket.
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tjac780754/indexb.htm">http://members.aol.com/
tjac780754/indexb.htm</A>

>2.  Are you the sole author of this theory?  If not, how many other
>people collaborated in its formulation?

I am sole author of the above two works with the first a compilation of
historical records and eye witness reports and the second independent
research.

Indexda.html compiled research from past writings of
Albert Einstein-Atomic bomb inventor(1913)
Thomas Starritt--builder of Atomic Bombs for U.S. Air Force(1955) with some
indepentent commetary by myself.

Independent research and development at indexb.html by
Thomas Jackson-Sole Author, independent inventor and small entity(Lat, little
person, soverign nation of one.)

>3.  To your knowledge, is your theory known to the academic community?

Einstein chose to keep his 1955 work from the academic community so you are
unlikely to find it in your teachers or your teacher's teacher teachings. He
published in a children's book his 1955 work to avoid academia and the law
imprisoning and executing those that taught atomic bomb stuff at a credible
level.

>4.  Does your theory contradict a currently accepted theory?  (If so,
>please briefly explain.)

A few prolific authors and interpreters of Special Relativity Theory teach
millions
of a light speed limit for Mass. Einstein taught to a select few his special
relativity theory allowed for faster than light travel(FTL) for mass objects.

FTL is not a contradiction of Special Relativity, but clarification and
derivations of velocity equations beyond light speed.

>5.  In your opinion, on a scale of 1-10 (10=absolute certainty), how
>likely is it that your theory correctly explains physical phenomena in
>our universe?  (i.e., do you just think it should be considered as a
>possibility, or do you think it's definitely the answer.)

9.99 as I consider Einstein a credible source and his FTL theory as testable
by
unobservable experiment and provable by logic. A theory of velocity limit at c
is
speculation unsupported by factual evidence or credible logic.  A Limit of c
is not even a theory but only uneducated guess at best.

>5.  What is your physics background?  Please indicate how much formal
>academic training you've had (high school, college, etc.), as well as
>other resources you've used to learn physics.

500+ semesters hour equaling 8000+ classroom hours resulting in 4 common law
Doctorates (informal) in Math, Physics, Computer Science and General
Education.

Schools (partial list);
United States Air Force Air University(USAFAU),
Oklahoma University(OU),
University of Central Oklahoma(UCO),
Federal Aviation Administration Academy(FAA Academy),
Formal Diplomas(12+)

>6.  How old are you?

51 years old

>7.  What do you do for a living?

Physics my life, my love, my reason for being.

>8.  Do you expect to be eventually recognized for your work?  (If not
>credited during your lifetime, then at least historically vindicated.)

Yes, In 2045 when the time capsule with the builders names and the reasons for
dropping the atomic bomb on Japan is uncovered after 100 years. If someone
remembers where the capsule is ;=)

>9.  Briefly, why do you study physics?

I enjoy my work. I only teach physics from rote memorization without
understanding. You do not have to be an atomic theorist to be an inventor of
atomic powered machines.

Also, inventors do not have to be crazy, but it does help.

> [...]

by
unobservable experiment and provable by logic. A theory of velocity limit at c
is
speculation unsupported by factual evidence or credible logic.  A Limit of c
is not even a theory but only uneducated guess at best.

>5.  What is your physics background?  Please indicate how much formal
>academic training you've had (high school, college, etc.), as well as
>other resources you've used to learn physics.

500+ semesters hour equaling 8000+ classroom hours resulting in 4 common law
Doctorates (informal) in Math, Physics, Computer Science and General
Education.

Schools (partial list);
United States Air Force Air University(USAFAU),
Oklahoma University(OU),
University of Central Oklahoma(UCO),
Federal Aviation Administration Academy(FAA Academy),

51 years old

>7.  What do you do for a living?

Physics my life, my love, my reason for being.

>8.  Do you expect to be eventually recognized for your work?  (If not
>credited during your lifetime, then at least historically vindicated.)

Yes, In 2045 when the time capsule with the builders names and the reasons for
dropping the atomic bomb on Japan is uncovered after 100 years. If someone
remembers where the capsule is ;=)

>9.  Briefly, why do you study physics?

I enjoy my work. I only teach physics from rote memorization without
understanding. You do not have to be an atomic theorist to be an inventor of
atomic powered machines.

Also, inventors do not have to be crazy, but it does help.

>Thanks!

Your very welcome surveyer (Erik)

Doctor Thomas H. Jackson
Your Academic Superior