starship-design: Will We Travel to the Stars? by Freeman Dyson

L. Parker writes:
 > Talk about being out of touch with research...this was written by Freeman
 > Dyson of all people for Time magazine. Check the article at:
 > http://www.time.com/time/reports/v21/science/stars.html

I'm not sure what you mean about being out of touch with research, but
Dyson does fairly eloquently state the problems with developing
interstellar spacecraft, particularly the amounts of energy required.

I think he may be a bit pessimistic about the rate of technological
development, and he's also only looking at low-velocity travel.

Anyone know how to find Robert Forward so I could ask him join our
mailing list :-)?