RE: RE: starship-design: Infrastructure in space [was: FTLtravel...]

> Anyway one good sized commet core in near earth orbit has
> been identofied as
> having nearly 1000 times as much oil as opec produced in its
> best year.

Not that I doubt you, but I would like to ask for more details. To wit:

1) What was that good year worth in dollars to OPEC?
2) What was the per barrel price of oil that year?
3) What is the per barrel price of oil a the moment?
4) What is the total value of that comet core?

I suspect it is quite a bit of money and I can see several possibilities for
soft landing the oil....

Lee