starship-design: FTL travel

>Detecting the charge on the projectile from fields generated at light speed
>to charge the armor with the charged deflecting field requires microseconds
>as does the change of exhaust (on already) direction to avoid neutral
>particle collisions. At c and above all is normal and the radar works just
>fine.

Radar or any other detection still requires the returning pulse back
from the object to return before the object arives. At C and above radar
is usless as the object has hit before you get the echo back.

Light is 3E8 meters per second or 300 meters per microsecond.
With 1 us for echo return,1 us for radar detection and 1 us for
deflection that
means a travel speed something about 1/3C.

   S<<<<<<<<#    200 meters  pulse return
       S?   #    100 meters  pulse detect
          S!#      0 meters  deflect

----
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."