starship-design: Casimir-Foreward balloon

What size surface area's are we talking about? Faster you go more streamlined is
the rule, that has
been around since the the stoneage. The limiting factor with any sail (loosely)
type craft is the kind
of stuff that hits the sail.Travel speed could be limited well below light
speed,regardless of
what propulsion system is used. The type of "deflector" shield for all that
space junk will be a major
design factor.

--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."