Re: starship-design: Suspended animation.

In a message dated 1/8/00 12:59:32 PM Pacific Standard Time, chithree@boo.net
writes:

<< near light speed? Man, you're just asking for it.

 Faster than light travel opens a whole can of worms. For one, we don't know
how, and even
 if we did we would be hit by interstellar debris at near the speed of light,
which would
 really tear a ship up. You'd need some kind of force field, or move space
with the vehicle,
 and that's just plain silly.

First I know how-see <A
HREF="http://www.deja.com/[ST_Tracker=0508]/dnquery.xp?DBS=2&ST=QS&VW=&QRY=sta
r1ship@aol.com&svcclass=dncurrent">Deja.com: Discussion Search Results</A>
for starship1@aol.com  and my message thread 4 light years distance divided
by two years ship time = twice light speed.

Second from the laws of probability we derive the rain drop effect explained
as running fast between doorways we get less wet with more speed minimizes
the amount of particle collisions.

Thirdly I invented an electric armor to avoid most and lessen the damage from
occasional collisions. See patent claim 7 and description of the preferred
embodiment  from my patent on star ship here <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/tjac780754/indexb.htm">Plasma Rocket Engine</A>

 And even if there was enough to do on board, what if you didn't like your
crewmates? Then
 you'd probably welcome the solitude of sleep.

Fourth I would suggest as (I do to non believers like Kelly St)  they click
on the exit link of my holodeck and advise them a space suit will not be
needed. I am the fellar you see when you click on the letter E of exit from
holodeck. <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tjac780754/index.htm#7">Holodeck</A>

Fifth-to get to my transporter room click here or any animated blue bar to
transport to the many decks of my ship.. <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/tjac780754/index.htm#TRANSPORT">Transporter Room<
/A> .

..

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tjac780754/index.htm#7">