Re: starship-design: Raw Facts.

"L. Parker" wrote:

> Wrong. Hydrocarbons up to and including oil have been identified in space
> without even a planet attached to them. Current theories of oil deposition
> on Earth are now being reviewed in light of this. Probability is very high
> that oil is NOT of organic origin after all.

I too have heard theories on that idea as well. Mind you I problems with oil
industry
thinking we have oil for years to come, so I really don't know who to trust on
the
origin of oil.No doubt there is a lot of stuff floating up there, but even if
you find oil
what to do with it, as transportation costs in space are rather high, and
planetary stuff
has a deep G well to lift out. The plasma drive posted a few weeks back looks
very use full
but even with that I am guessing a 10% ISP out the potential 60,000 ,( 10,000 )
one would be
still hard pressed to earth bound resources.
http://peaches.niac.usra.edu/studies/9801/9801Final/SewardFinal.pdf

> You need to do more research on the availability, distribution and processes
> for extraction of metals and other material from both the Moon and
> asteroids. There is an entire college course on this subject available
> on-line for free.

 what no url?

Right now I know with out a collage degree, transportation costs will be the
majority of
the costs from space.A lot of stuff is wasted,thrown away or misused on the
earth.
Space will not be the "CHEAP" answer. I see it being valuable in two ways.
1)	It will force more people to learn how fragile our environment and work to
save it.
2)	It will be alternative place for life to habitat rather than just on the
earth.

I don't claim to know much on space,and it is hard to get too, but what we do or
don't do in space
will have a deep impact on humanities future.

--
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Einstein
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...