Re: starship-design: The Case for Space

KellySt@aol.com wrote:

> Here we disagree.  No one will build space colony, to build space colonies;
> and it will take generations - to centuries for them to develop a really
> autonomous economy.  Cities and settlements ae built for profit of the builder
> s.  If they fail that measure, they become ghost towns.  We have many current
> Ghost towns / former idealistic colony. in this country.

We also have a lot of single industry towns and cities as well. Right now is the
time to
look at options for what kind of space colonies we want. We may not get into
space but
we can suggest ideas for it.

> Define short?  North America was originally a profit center for Europe for
> centuries after settling started.

If I remember right, with profit making companies dealing in slaves, tobacco
,and rum.
We still have problems with differnt race's ,smoking and drinking.

--
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Einstein
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...