Re: starship-design: Starship-Design: Let's build the thing!

In a message dated 04/08/99 00:01:06 Mountain Daylight Time, Kelly St writes:

<< McNamara was out of government in '81, and I can't for the life of me
remember any LIT statement like that!

 NASA, or rather the US, pretty much has the tech to get people to Mars, but
nothing in '81 was built specifically for manned Mars.

 Kelly >>

	The information I read wasn't from LIT.  It was some other space web
site I was visiting.  It had an interview with one of the Apollo astronauts
and I think it was he that said that about the ship and McNamara.

Mike Pfeifer