Re: starship-design: A few thoughts on drag & exoitc stuff(was 'stilldoing stardrives')

AJ,
	Galactic DM is prohibited from high velocity because it has to
stay bound to the galaxy.  If axions are a part of Galactic DM, then they
should have fairly low velocities.  That they have low mass (.3-.6eV, I
think) doesn't matter if you have a //lot// of them, or they are merely
one kind of DM particle in a zoo of them.  Also, axions with high velocity
ought to be rare, because in order to get to a high speed localy, a
primordial axion would need to interact with some particle.  Gravity isn't
likely to do that, and electromagnetic interactions cause decay.
Therefore I doubt that there is a local population of axions with a large
average velocity.
	Which leads me to a pipedream i had last night.  Given that there
is a lot of DM out there, thinned out though it may be, a starship could
use it as a fuel and/or reaction mass, at least at high speed when the
flux is higher.  Anyone know of any exotic particles that decay
covienienly, preferably liberating lots of juice as they do so?
	Nels