Re: starship-design: A few thoughts on drag & exoitc stuff(was 'stilldoing stardrives')

  I read an abstract recently of an experimental setup to measure axion
decay in a strong magnetic field. Preliminary results indicate that
_something_ is going on.  Also there was some kind of result at the Gran
Sasso facility in Italy having to do with dark matter (WIMPs as I recall).
Look it up if you're interested.  Another thing that I forgot to mention,
if axions are a big part of DM, then they would tend to sink to the center
of the sun locally.  Their presence could help to explain the 'solar
neutrino problem' that so vexes the standard model.
	Nels