RE: starship-design: Re: Still doing stardrives?

> > I used a Broussard ramscoop to supplement onboard
> > fuel, so your discouraging asessment of the prospects
> > of this technology will need further checking.

The last paper I saw published on the ISM gives a density of 0.05 for the
local area out to about 150 ly and 0.001 after that. The average for the
galaxy however, is closer to 10.0. The reason for the low local density was
given as old supernova events in the local area.

Which brings up a couple of questions, how long ago were these supernovas
and where were they?

Lee Parker