RE: starship-design: Fermi's Paradox - Drake's Equation will have to be rewritten

I would argue that it is next to impossible for ANY civilization to survive
to the point where they could predict AND PREVENT a GRB in sufficient
proximity to wipe them out. As a matter of fact (without really having
looked at the math) I would bet simply surviving such an event is probably a
major feat, although probably not impossible. Does anybody know of a good
gamma ray shield?

Lee Parker