Re: starship-design: scoops and sails and something to push against.

<snip>
> The one place
> we couldn't settle would be the planets, and if were staying in space
> platforms ther is no reason to leave this star system.

??? Can't settle the planets? I assume you are referring to biotoxins
and such. I disagree, I think it is quite likely that by the time we
begin serious exploration/colonization of other solar systems, we will
have bio-medical systems capable of stopping any problems like bacterial
contamination. If so, and the planet has a decent
atmosphere/temperature/etc., I say colonize it.

Kyle R. Mcallister