Re: FW: starship-design: Interstellar travel-using vacuum..ur point?

Kyle R. Mcallister writes:
 > Walker, Chris wrote:
 > <snip>
 > > I agree with both statements. However, I am curious as to your reason(s)
 > > *why* you believe FTL travel is possible.
 >
 > I have many reasons. I will gladly discuss them off list with you.
 > However, as Steve points out, this list is not a place for discussing
 > speculative subjects.

I'm not sure I would put it in quite those terms.  If someone
comes up with solid, verified results of something like FTL
propulsion of mass I'm sure we'd be the first to welcome the
information.

Some discussion of speculative topics here is unavoidable; as has
been pointed out before, even the sorts of things we're more
inclined to consider still involve a fair amount of speculation
(i.e. antimatter exists, but how would we make enough to fuel a
starship?).

I simply want to emphasize, for those people new to the list,
that this list is intended for the discussion of practical,
achievable methods for interstellar travel, and therefore is more
limited in speculation than other forums might be.