RE: starship-design: Plasma Engine

On a small scale, it is used in welding and metal fabrication. Plasma beams have been around for over ten years in industry. Of course, these applications are the equivalent of a penlight when compared to a plasma engine.

Lee
-----Original Message-----
From: William Thomas [mailto:wthomas@mint.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 1998 8:32 PM
To: L. Parker; Starship Design
Subject: Re: starship-design: Plasma Engine

I am also not a plasma physicist, however, it would seem to me that if someone was able to create great amounts of energy (enough to hurl forth a starship at high velocity while powering a super elctro magnet) simply by juicing up some hydrogen with radio waves, there would be a lot more useful and accessible applications right here on earth.