starship-design: Euro

Nels Lindberg wrote:

>The European Union is farthest along this path and in 1999
>the "euro" will come online as the official currency of an economy and
>population which is larger than the US.  Obviously, the euro will
>quickly replace the dollar as the world's dominant currency due to its
>stability (the Germans will get to run the bank) and size.

Ha, if only the Europeans were that convinced. These days virtually all
politicians are worried to poll the population about this subject.
The latest news about the Euro is that we seem to get an anarchy regarding
the president of the European bank. There are 2 candidates, but one France
just said it will use its veto for its own candidate. (Their own candidate
is the least favourite of the two.)

Timothy (citizin of the Economically United Europe)