Re: starship-design: unmanned missions, AI, etc.

>For cases 1 and 2, we have nothing to worry about, a fly by mission
would
>not be detected.
>
>For case 3, we should be able to detect technology equivalent to ours
from
>as much as fifty light years away without sending a probe. We simply
would
>not take the chance of sending a probe into a system that we knew was
>inhabited. (Or we would at least be darn careful about it.)

It may seem a bit unlikely, but our technological level basically jumped
right on us. If the same thing happened to them; we'd send a fly-by
first,
and later, before it got there, they could have the technology to detect
it.

Jon

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]