Re: starship-design: unmanned missions

     I agree that manned missions would be dangerous, but I also believe
that it would be necessary due to our current standings on improvisation
and creativity compared to that of computers. I think that there are ways
have the best of both worlds, also.
     There could be a crew under suspended animation with the AI in
control of the ship. As it says at the LIT homepage, if the systems
slowly
failed the crew under suspended animation would die with the ship
around them, but if there was some kind of early warning system that
would warn them of potential system failure, it could awaken a few or all

of the crew in time to fix the problem.

Jon

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]