Re: RE: ICAN (Was RE: starship-design: What is safest?)

Given that the fusion reactions weve been talking about release all their
energy into the kinetic energy of their exaust particals.  I'm not clear where
the extra energy to drive the magnetic acceleration (via the nozzel) would
come from?

>Carrying sufficient fuel shouldn't be a problem, making it may be another
>story. A hundred boxcars full of little lithium hydride bomb pellets...

I think making them as you need them is definatly in order.

>Lee

Kelly