[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
starship-design: Re: Does a one-way mission need mining?
To Lee and Kelly,
At the moment I've not much more to add to this subject. The next is about
what I can conclude of the discussions about mining vs. recycling.
* Manufacturing and refining equipment are always necessary.
* Mining is only possible during in system stay.
* Recycling can be done at any time.
* Some form of recycling equipment has to be on the ship anyhow.
* Recycling combined with storing substances in the shield may make mining
* Some form of mining equipment has to be on the ship if (#) is impossible.
* Finding relative easy accessable ores may be timeconsuming and specialistic.
* Recycling is relatively constant and with little surprises.