RE: starship-design: Studying planets vs. stars

> ----------
> From: 	kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu[SMTP:kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu]
> Subject: 	starship-design: Studying planets vs. stars
>
> From a scientific point of view, studying planets in other stars
> systems will be an interesting extension to existing scientific
> study, but studying other stars will be the birth of a new branch
> of study--and one which will greatly enrich our understanding of
> our universe.

But it is currently possible to do some kinds of studies of other stars
from home, whereas (at least today) it is impossible to study the
planets of other solar systems without going there.
David Levine                     david@actionworld.com
Director of Development    http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                       (212) 387-8200
Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.