Re: Re: starship-design: Re: Perihelion Maneuver

L. Parker wrote:
>On Thursday, December 04, 1997 1:55 PM, Isaac Kuo
>[SMTP:kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu] wrote:

>> I would argue we pick only _very_ likely advances.  Either that or
>> admit that there's no particular reason to think the design will
>> _ever_ work.

>If we had always funded research that way, we wouldn't even have fission...

We're not talking about funding research, we're talking about trying
to design a reasonable interstellar mission.

You don't count on unknown basic sciences advances when planning out
a project like that.
--
    _____     Isaac Kuo kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu http://www.csc.lsu.edu/~kuo