Re: starship-design: One way (again...)

In a message dated 12/3/97 7:23:07 AM, zkulpa@zmit1.ippt.gov.pl wrote:

>> From: kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu (Isaac Kuo)
>>
>> I disagree.  If I were offered the chance to fly on a 1 way mission
>> to the Alpha Centauri systems at .2c (where I'd then spend the rest
>> of my life), I for one would jump at it. I'm sure there are many
>> others who'd be just as excited to do so.
>>
>Hey, Isaac, I was one of the first on the list, quite a time ago,
>to be excited to go.
>
>Welcome to the Club!
>
>-- Zenon
>
>PS. WARNING: Kelly is strongly against.
>    He declares it his duty to the mankind to stop us by force,
>    possibly even by shooting us!   ;-)                    - Z

Nah, I just feel that to preserve any chance of geting the program approved
I'ld need to shoot anyone who'ld suggest it.   ;)

As an asside it would be far cheaper to do a two way mission then a quicker
one way mission, since you'ld to launch a couple orders of magnitude less
stuff to build a sustainable colony....

Opps forget, you were happy with a one way suicide mission.  (I.E. no return,
no sustainable colony/life support, and the folks back home get to bet on the
ship or crew dieing first on internation TV.)

I can't imagine why I thought it would never be aproved.  ;)

OH, did you know that Idea was poroposed for Mars exploration at the 'Case
for Mars' conference last year?

Kelly