RE: starship-design: It's a bad, bad world out there

On Saturday, October 25, 1997 11:21 PM, Kyle R. Mcallister
[SMTP:stk@sunherald.infi.net] wrote:
> Addenum to my response:
>
> There are probably many 'types'of civilizations out there, with many
> different motives. The passive ones get left behind, the aggressive ones
> blow themselves back a few hundred years every now and then, the stupid
> ones do nothing, the smart ones try to learn and not kill for no reason,
> but take no crap from other civilizations, etc...
>
> Perhaps another subject title for a thread on this could be "Its a mad,
> mad, mad, mad world" :)

Well, you have a point. Over aggressiveness certainly isn't a selection
factor for species survival, they would have eaten themselves out of
existence prior to getting smart enough to take control of their
environment...at least I hope so, the alternative doesn't bear thinking on.

Lee