RE: starship-design: Private Asteroid Mining

Jim,

> w this sounds interesting.  Maybe we should start a list, or at least a
> scussion, on the requirements for getting all the materials we need for
> starships.

If Benson is correct on the composition of the majority of near Earth
asteroids, they would be a far better choice for mining than the moon
or Mars. His original announcement months ago was what prompted my
discourse on why do we want to go to another star system just to get
back down into one of those nasty gravity wells. Especially when there
is so much useful, profitable stuff floating around up there where it
is easy to get at, once you get up there in the first place.

Lee