RE: starship-design: FTL

Isaac,

> I was once very skeptical about the strange claims of Special and
> General Relativity as well.  I think practically everyone who's
> learned about them has gone through a period of trying to come up
> with examples to disprove it and just not believing it.  However,
> it's one of those things where the more you learn and the more you
> understand, the more you see how compelling it is.  It's made all
> the more compelling the more you realize how much others were also
> skeptical but have still confirmed the theory in scientific
> experimentation.

I don't really have a problem with relativity, unless it starts violating
causality. Even Einstein had a problem with what he called "spooky action
at a distance" and that was merely simultaneous - not an actual violation
of causality. I just don't think it is possible to create a causality
violation, with or without FTL. (If you can do it with FTL then FTL isn't
possible.)

Lee
--
    _____     Isaac Kuo kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu http://www.csc.lsu.edu/~kuo