Re: starship-design: FTL

L. Parker wrote:

>Sorry, I learned logic in sixth grade, I didn't get physics until high school.
>I just can't quite see it. I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't
>believe in violation of causality, period. Therefore, current understanding
>of physical laws as they relate to relativity and FTL MUST be flawed.

I was once very skeptical about the strange claims of Special and
General Relativity as well.  I think practically everyone who's
learned about them has gone through a period of trying to come up
with examples to disprove it and just not beleiving it.  However,
it's one of those things where the more you learn and the more you
understand, the more you see how compelling it is.  It's made all
the more compelling the more you realize how much others were also
skeptical but have still confirmed the theory in scientific
experimentation.
--
    _____     Isaac Kuo kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu http://www.csc.lsu.edu/~kuo