Re: RE: starship-design: Pellet track

L. Parker wrote:

>My thought however, is that a stellerator could be easily improved using
>TODAY'S technology to produce a continuous reaction just as long as we keep
>stuffing fuel down the accelerator end. This could be used for a
>Bussard ramjet, a pellet track, both, whatever...

If it were that easy, it would be done soon.  In fact, it would since
current spheromak designs are basically plumped up stellerators.

However, the same instability problems which plague other magnetic
confinement fusion reactors still apply.
--
    _____     Isaac Kuo kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu http://www.csc.lsu.edu/~kuo